The last revealed religion from Allah (God)
‘Islam’ is the last of the revealed religions from Allah (God). The root-meaning of ‘Islam’ is to enter into peace, and a ‘Muslim’ is one who makes his peace with Allah (God) and man. Peace with God implies complete submission to His will, and peace with man is not only to refrain from evil or injury to another but also to do good to him.
Islam has six pillars of belief. We, as Muslims, believe in:
- Prophets (e.g., Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad.)
- Books of God (e.g., the Torah, Gospels and Quran.)
- Life after Death
- Taqdir or Predestination
In essence, belief in the above is necessary to become a Muslim. Of note, our belief in all religions of the world lays the foundation for worldwide peace.
Furthermore, Islam is based on five practices:
- Kalima (the pronouncement of the Unity of Allah and the prophethood of Muhammad [pbuh])
- Salat or Prayer
- Saum or Fasting
- Zakat or Charity
- Hajj or Pilgrimage to Makka
In these times, Islam is faced by many an accusation. Our Movement stands for dispelling all these accusations and showing the pure face of Islam.
Some other interesting links:
- My 1st Muslim Site for Children