The Ahmadiyya Doctrines
by Maulana Muhammad Ali
Table of Contents:
- The Ahmadiyya Movement stands for
- Summary of the beliefs of the Lahore Ahmadiyya Movement in Islam (Ahmadiyya Anjuman Ishaat-e-Islam Lahore)
- Responses to some accusations against the Lahore Ahmadiyya Movement in Islam (Ahmadiyya Anjuman Ishaat-e-Islam Lahore):
- That we believe in Mirza Ghulam Ahmad of Qadian, the Founder of the Ahmadiyya Movement, as a prophet and therefore really deny the finality of prophethood with Hazrat Muhammad (pbuh).
- That we believe in Divine revelation being granted to righteous men among the followers of the Holy Prophet (pbuh).
- That we believe that Jesus Christ (AS) died a natural death.
- That we believe that the Miraj [Ascension] of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) was not his bodily ascent to the heavens but his spiritual ascent.
- That we believe that there have been prophets among the Hindus.
- That we believe that hell is not everlasting.
- That we believe that the ordinance of jihad has been abrogated.
- That we do not believe that the Holy Quran contains verses which were abrogated by others.
- That we believe that Jesus Christ (AS) had “a father just as others have.”
- That we accept Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad of Qadian as a Mujaddid (Reformer) of the fourteenth century Hijrah, and further that we accept that Mujaddid as the Messiah and the Mahdi promised to the Muslims.
- Attitude of the Ahmadiyya Movement towards other sects and communities and towards the Government.